Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reindeer Family

I am up to my elbows in wrapping paper.  I went out of the house with several pieces of tape stuck to my clothing.  I told Amanda in the toy section at Walmart that she was my hero for finding a toy I really needed wanted to get my daughter.  My Google Reader has spiraled out of control.  I don’t remember the last time my counter wasn’t covered in some sort of project.  I have gone through more hot glue gun sticks than I can count.  I’ve never sewed so much in my life.  I can’t believe Christmas has snuck on us so quickly.  I remember laughing at bloggers for posting/making Christmas stuff in October.  Lesson learned.  I promise I have some fun stuff to post, at least I think it’s fun, I hope you will too!  Just give me a sec ok? 

 

But here’s a quickie.  

Reindeer Family

 

I’ve seen these lots of different places. 

Made using paint HERE at Oopsey Daisy.

Using paper HERE at Homemaking Fun

Nothing original.  But we had lots of fun making our Reindeer Family together as a family.  Even the Hubby helped.  (Yes, my feet and hands really are that small, freakishly small!)

 

{Materials Used}

Cardstock (Light brown for antelers, dark brown for head, white and black for eyes, red for noses)

Ribbon (hanging and girl bows)

Raffia (for hair)

Glitter (for noses)

Wire (hard to see in the picture, but Daddy is wearing glasses)

Markers, scissors, glue

 

{To Make}

Trace foot for head.

Trace hands for antelers.

Cut out eyes, noses, antlers, heads, glue together. 

Add embellishments, bows for girls, glasses, hair.  I busted out the hot glue gun for the raffia, and ribbon.  178_0706

Mommy

 

178_0707

Baby

 

178_0708

Daddy

3 comments:

  1. holy ka-moly i agree with you.. will start crafty gifts way earlier next year!! there's so much i want to do yet and so little time! i don't think i told ya i LOVE the ribbon shirt.. saw it all over! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that you made the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did go to Lone Peak! My maiden name is Jessica Kelly. I totally recognize you, now I'll be bugged all day trying to think of your maiden name. So fun to have reconnected through the blogs! Small world!

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...