Thursday, November 4, 2010

Winger’s Sticky Finger Freakin’ Amazing Sauce

Did you survive Halloween?  We did – barely!  We visited family in Oregon and had a blast Trunk or Treating in the drizzly Oregon weather, but my daughter LOVED it.  I don’t know which she loved more getting candy, or handing out candy with her Nana.  Hope your Halloween was fun and safe also. 

Before we move on from Halloween and into Thanksgiving I have  a question for you.  My Sister-In-Laws (Sisters-In-Law, I don’t know which it should be??) and I were having a discussion and I couldn’t help but wonder what y’all thought.  She pronounces Halloween, “Hall-o-ween”, like you walk down the hall.  But I pronounce it, “Hal-o-ween”, like your Uncle Hal.  We finally came to the conclusion that this was because she is from Oregon where they talk weird, have no mountains, and don’t pump their own gas.  And I am from Utah where we talk perfectly normal but sometimes spell things differently than we pronounce them (ex.  Huntington, is pronounced “Hunnington”.  And Hurricane, is not like the hurricanes that are tropical storms, but “Hurra-kin”)

Ok I really have a blog post for you, actually a recipe!  I stumbled upon this while looking for something new to try out for dinner and it has become a favorite of ours.  Bonus:  it is sooo simple!

 

imageWinger's Sticky Finger Freakin' Amazing Sauce
by Family Favorite Recipes 

For the sauce:
**Covers about 8 sticky fingers
3 Tbsp. Franks Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce... no other sauce will taste as good)
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. water
Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a saucepot until all the sugar dissolves (we actually doubled the recipe and it was the perfect amount for the chicken and for dipping).
That's IT for the sauce! Isn't that easy?? We like to dip popcorn in it :) Mix it with a little bit of ranch to make their creamy amazing dressing.The possibilities are ENDLESS with this sauce!


For the Sticky Fingers:
1 c. oil
1 pkg. frozen breaded chicken fingers
In a frying pan, heat oil and cook chicken fingers until crispy and warm. Pour sauce over (or put them in a Tupperware with some of the sauce and shake it up until the chicken is completely covered in sauce). Serve with ranch (we like to make the Hidden Valley Packet Ranch prepared with buttermilk instead of milk) or blue cheese dressing.
PRINT RECIPE

 

When I make these we have them on whole wheat wraps, you can get them in the tortilla section at Walmart, with sandwhich fixins.  I am so lazy that I don’t even make the chicken like the recipe says, I just grab a giant bag of Tyson’s Breaded Chicken Breasts and Tenderloin from the freezer isle at Sam’s Club.  The chicken and sauce are also yummy in a salad, if you are a salad kind of person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...