Saturday, November 6, 2010

Oreo Turkeys

It is only the fifth day of November and already my “Thanksgiving” bookmark folder is bursting with fun ideas!  I can’t wait to try them all out!  First I wanted to share one of my favorites from last year.  I made these cute little Oreo Turkeys from Cookies and Cups with my friends’ little boy who was about three at the time.  We had so much fun, even though a lot of our “Turkeys” turned into spiders, but still a fun project!

Oreo Turkey

image For complete instructions click {HERE}

 

And I can’t help but share a fun song for the kiddos about a turkey named Albuquerque.  My students last year loved this one!  It is even more fun (if your kiddos are old enough) to have them try to spell “Albuquerque”!

Albuquerque Turkey
Sung to: "My Darlin Clementine"

Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles and he gobbles
And he's absolutely mine!
He's the best pet you can get yet
Better than a dog or cat
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that!
And my Albuquerque turkey
Is so happy in his bed
'Cause for our Thanksgiving Dinner
We have spaghetti instead!

Song Found: www.canteach.ca

1 comment:

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...