Sunday, October 17, 2010

{Haunted} Hawaiian Haystacks

The other night I wanted to cook something “new” for dinner, it seems like we have had the same five or six things for the past forever and a year  month or so. 

I decided on Hawaiian Haystacks, yummy!  I don’t know why we don’t have these more often I love them!  I used this recipe from Family Favorite Recipes.

178_0093 Since we’re nearing Halloween and all things creepy and scary, I decided these were going to be Haunted Hawaiian Haystacks!  I drew some spooky faces on big marshmallows with an edible marker (I love my edible markers!  I originally bought them for this project, but have used them a ton!  They’re fairly inexpensive, especially if you use a 40% off coupon at Michael’s)

We then piled our haystack/rice on top of our spooky friends.

Added toppings and enjoyed our Haunted Hawaiian Haystacks.  Kids AND adults enjoyed our simple spooky meal!

 

Hawaiian Haystacksimage
from Family Favorite Recipes

2 or 3 chicken breasts cooked and cut into small chunks (or canned chicken)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk or chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
pepper to taste
3-4 cups steamed rice/ any kind you like

Combine soup and milk (or chicken broth) to make a gravy. Add the chicken chunks and simmer 10 minutes. Add the sour cream, and stir it in.


Spooky Garnishes:
chow mein noodles (Bat Bones)
diced fresh tomato (Dragon Liver)
sliced olives (Eyeballs)
chopped celery (Witch Lips)
pineapple tidbits (Poisoned Pineapple)
drained mandarin oranges (Pumpkin Slices)
grated cheese (Mini Worms)
slivered almonds (Cat Claws)
coconut (Witch Dandruff)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Your insights into the latest tech trends were really enlightening. I particularly appreciated your breakdown of AI applications. Looking forward to your next post!" visit

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...