Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Halloween Sign

imageI know, yesterday I posted about my favorite subway are sign, but I saw this was and really liked it too, I just couldn’t help myself, I found this one over at Sawdust and Paper Scraps, a blog that is new to me that I am totally in love with.  Also, my second reason for posting is because in her post/tutorial about how to make this fun sign, did you notice the spider hanging off the bottom, she shares how she made it with no vinyl!  I have a Cricut and could cut our vinyl with it, but I only have a few font cartridges . . . so here’s her secret:

 

Print out tons of words in different sizes and fonts.

Rub chalk on the back of each word, tape it in place and trace it with a pen.  (A trick I learned here.)

Hand paint every single one of those words with a tiny brush!

(This took me 3 days!!!  No joke!)

Love it, such a great tip!!  Ok, I’m off to get a whole bunch of paint and some wood so  I can make my own! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That was alot of work!! But it turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Are you really going to do it by hand? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...