Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ranch Quesadillas

I came across a new post in my Google Reader the other day, with a recipe for Baked Ranch Quesadillas from Life Should Be Delicious.  It truly sounded good, so I thought I’d give it a try.  It reminded me of a favorite enchilada recipe, but with corn, which was such a yummy addition!  Even my 18 month old gobbled it up!  We used these delicious uncooked flour tortillas that you can by at Sam’s and Costco.  So I didn’t bake my quesadillas in the oven, I just cooked them in a pan on the stove. 

image

Ranch Quesadillas

2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded  {I used a can of chicken}
1-2 c. Monterey Jack Cheese  {I used Colby Jack, cause that’s what we had}
1/2 c. prepared ranch dressing
1/4 c. diced green chiles
1 small can shoepeg corn
1/2 c. salsa
Flour tortillas
butter


Combine chicken, cheese, dressing, chilies, corn, and salsa. Mix well. Butter one side of tortillas. Place 1/2 c. of chicken mixture on un-buttered side of tortilla and fold in half to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden and slightly crisp.


Serve with guacamole, salsa, and more ranch dressing.  {We ate our quesadillas with some Rice-a-Roni Mexican Style rice and sour cream}

{Photo courtesy:  http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/}

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...