Friday, March 19, 2010

Bleached Lucky Shirt

I officially HATE St. Patrick’s Day.  Before St. Patrick’s Day 2010, didn’t mind it so much.  This year I tried to go all out.  I made these Mint Shamrock Cupcakes, which in all honesty turned out ok.  Except I didn’t have enough frosting . . . 100_1362

Then I tried to make one of these shirts. 

image

Isn’t it so cute?  That's {Fam}tastic made this lucky shirt, and Jamee Homemaker made some with her kiddo’s names.  They both made it sound so easy, I thought I could make one too.

So I followed their instructions.  Cut out letters from my Cricut, laid them out on a green shirt . . . But I used Elmer’s Glue instead of a spray adhesive because I’m so cheap and it’s water soluble so it all comes out in the wash. 

100_1373

Sprayed with bleach, washed, and nothing!  You could hardly see the letters.  So I cut out more letters and tried again.  Again nothing.  I have concluded our shirt was too light.  Maybe we’ll try again someday when we’ve recovered from the trauma that this darn shirt caused!

Here was our finished product, I tried to make the best of the situation . . . I think I made it worse . . .

100_1387

 100_1388

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for taking time to stop by!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...